Friday, February 12, 2010

Why The F ?!

It kept returning to me. No matter how hard I tried to push the uncomfortable question to the back of my mind, it just kept coming back. I knew I had to answer it eventually. But, it was not going to be easy.

"Why should anyone read my blog?" Its probably a haunting question for any blogger. At least, for most of the casual bloggers like me. Am I the geek who shares his wisdom with the world and whose every post is a tip, hack, or some kind of a value addition to the reader's expertise? NO. Am I a celebrity whose views on an issue, incident or the current state of an affair matter? NO. Am I an analyst whose mere way of deciphering a topic gives a unique and valuable insight into it? NO. Am I a gripping story teller? Do I even have a niche area or scope defined for my blog? Are my posts at least so abstract and confusing that the readers are actually tricked into believing that I am in some way, aloof and far more sophisticated as they are and embarrass them to be thinking "WTF does that post even mean!!"? Unfortunately, NO!

Praise or abuse, active criticism is a writer's way of asserting that he/she had touched someone with their work. Its an assurance that his work had not gone unnoticed. What would it take to motivate the modern audience, who thinks twice before clicking on a link as to whether it is going to do him/her any good (rightly so), to make the effort to take a moment and key in a few words of support? What would make them want more? Apparently, its a tough question.

I shall try and show to you, that there is ONE MORE different way of looking at things. That there can be immense joy in stupid jokes. That there are other things that can lighten up your day apart from cheery forwarded e-mails. That you can have awfully long and time wasting conversations without a purpose and still not regret it. That you can learn from the things and people around you without making an effort to do so. That good blogs are beyond information, reviews and prep material for GRE or CAT. That you can simply open my post, read it, smile and get on with your work feeling better :) and that I can get amusingly (read hopelessly) philosophical at times.

So, here is the deal. Every friday, when you come to work saying "TGIF" to yourself, I am going to make a new post. Something funny or something which happened over the week or something interesting or something rather silly. There shall be guest bloggers too, at times who will share their thoughts on my blog. Let me know what you think about it. Everyone wants appreciation. Geminians more so than anyone else. So, be assured that there shall not be a meaningless post here.

TGIF! Have a 'love'ly weekend. Keep an eye out for the Mutaliks and the Thackreys ;)

So long till next friday.
Hail Google!

5 comments:

  1. Well, A Gemini here shall be looking forward to your upcoming Friday posts! Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha..sure Paritosh. Thanks! It means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can i guest post on Insomnium =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. re my posts at least so abstract and confusing that the readers are actually tricked into believing that I am in some way, aloof and far more sophisticated as they are and embarrass them to be thinking "WTF does that post even mean!!"?

    nene nene :P ill be back soon !!
    Sukki

    ReplyDelete

Find me on Facebook